As the Foundation Principal of St. Thomas More Catholic School, I am delighted that our school has already established an excellent reputation for providing quality, Catholic education at Mt.Maunganui, for the families located at the Mount and along the Papamoa coastal strip.
We are fortunate to have facilities like Baywave Aquatic Centre and Grenada Park on our doorstep. Our school buildings are connected to our church and this gives us the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of parish life.
St. Thomas More Catholic School offers:
• A team of professional, dedicated teachers and specialist staff who are providing students with exciting learning experiences in a caring and safe community.
• Contemporary educational facilities to complement a well – resourced, innovative curriculum.
• Access to state of the art technology in all year levels (Year 0-6) across all subject areas.
• A commitment to the values of Catholicity, Excellence, Transformation, Relationships, Justice and the Common Good.
• Faith and community links with St Thomas More Catholic Parish (Mt.Maunganui).
• Strong parent and community partnerships
• Sporting opportunities at the top level of competition
• Peer mediation through the Cool Schools programme.
• Transitional Early Learning Inquiry Model (TELIM) for our newest learners as they enter school.
St.Thomas More Catholic School is an exciting learning community where innovation and challenge are the heart of everything we do. ‘No matter what stay true to your faith, your family and yourself’ is our school motto and sums up the way we do things around here. Our Head, Heart and Hands curriculum aims to develop the connection between what we believe and how we serve others. We walk the talk.
Parents wishing to be part of this special community are invited to apply for information packs through our website, by email or by calling our office to find out more. I am very keen to meet you to share our school philosophy with you.
Kath Joblin Foundation Principal
M. Educational Leadership, B.A., Dip. Ed.